Become part of our success story and shape the future of Mazars with us! In our young, dynamic and professional team a broad range of projects awaits you with potential to work with clients on-site right from the start.
To enhance our growing insurance team, we are looking for a life actuary (freshly qualified or just finishing actuarial studies) starting ASAP in our team in Zurich.
As an experienced life actuarial consultant you are in charge of the following tasks:
- As part of our actuarial team, you contribute to the audit of technical reserves of life insurance companies, as well as to implementing regulatory requirements such as Swiss Solvency Test, Solvency II and ORSA
- You work directly with clients on-site and you are involved in consulting projects covering actuarial, as well as finance transformation topics such as IFRS 17
- You support your team members interdisciplinary with regards to actuarial issues arising in transactions, business valuations and due diligence projects
- You apply your market knowledge and your technical skills actively in client development activities and you proactively shape our service offerings with your ideas
- You share your knowledge, you lead and develop your junior actuarial team members
- You are responsible for planning and executing audit and consulting projects, managing budgets, timelines and resources, reporting to your team lead and supporting quality assurance activities
- You have completed your master’s studies in quantitative economics, actuarial science, mathematics, physics or related fields
- You have min. 3 years of work experience in the insurance industry (e.g., in an actuarial consulting or audit role, or as a junior actuary in an insurance company)
- You are a freshly qualified life actuary, or you have nearly completed your actuarial studies
- You are an entrepreneurial spirit ready to contribute to building and expanding our consulting and audit service offerings
- You are fluent in English and French, with German as an added plus
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and requirements (e.g., IFRS, GAAP, SII, SST) as well as actuarial modelling (e.g. Prophet, C++, R) and German language skills are an advantage
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services*. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of more than 44,000 professionals – 28,000+ in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000+ via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development. In Switzerland, Mazars relies on more than 300 professionals in our offices in Bern, Delémont, Fribourg, Geneva, Lausanne, Lugano, Neuchâtel, Sion and Zurich.
*Where permitted under applicable country laws